Artrix Young Volunteers Scheme
If you're aged 16-25 and interested in gaining a range of arts-based work experience, then the Artrix Young Volunteers Scheme may be just what you've been looking for!
The scheme launches in April 2018, and will offer you experience in a variety of roles, before you chose one area to focus on, and gain a wide range of insights and responsibilities in your chosen role.
Young Volunteer Roles include:
Technical & Stage Management Support
Work with our technicians on shows, to gain experience in sound and lighting.
- Help load equipment into the venue and assist with technical support
- Assist with lighting (operating follow spot) and sound checks
- Assist stage manager with shows
- Fly stage cloth and assist with set
Cafe/Bar & Kitchen Supervision
Work with our cafe & bar staff to gain experience in hospitality & catering.
- Preparing food
- Serving customers
- Washing & clearing up
- Handling cash
Bartender (age 18+)
This is a dynamic role which varies from day to day. It suits people who enjoy working at busy times and can require lots of physical movement and cash handling skills.
- Serving drinks and confectionery
- Cash/card handling
- Challenging underage and excessive drinking
- Preparing interval drinks
- Keeping the bar area clean and tidy
- Restock and rotate chillers
Box Office & Programming
This role involves working with the Box Office team to book shows and allocate seats.
- Updating the website and uploading events onto partner websites
- Serving customers
The usher role involves directing guests to the auditorium or studio, and ensuring that they are safe and comfortable throughout the event.
- Assist wheelchair users and people with additional needs
- Check tickets and direct guests to their seats
- Exchange glasses for plastic
- Inform Duty Managers of any problems in the auditorium during the performance
- Clear any rubbish from the auditorium at the end of the performance
We also aim to create a community of young people dedicated to shaping how Artrix interacts with, involves, and supports young people in Bromsgrove. Our Young Volunteers with therefore also:
Form a young people's panel
The panel will meet monthly to discuss how we can improve our engagement with young people, as well as how the Young Volunteers scheme could be improved to offer the best possible mentoring and experience for participants. The panel will also suggest ways for Artrix to engage with more young people in the town, as well as how we could support more young artists and creatives.
Develop ways to support members of the scheme
Young Volunteers will work with Artrix staff to create action plans, to help them progress confidently with skills they wish to improve on. They will set goals and objectives, use monthly reviews and staff tutorials and create a positive and supportive working environment, to ensure that everyone reaches their individual targets and aspirations.
Be proud to represent Artrix
Young Volunteers will attend group meetings and special events, intended to recruit new members and help other young people who may be looking for opportunities such as the AYV scheme.
Get in touch today! Either email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Box Office on 01527 577330.